Saturday, October 19, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Heaven



These are seriously the best cookies I've ever had -- I've tried recipe after recipe after recipe, and none of them have quite hit the spot ... but these cookies are heavenly, thanks to one of my sweet young women, Brittany A. Thank you for contributing to the fatness of not only my cookbook, but my muffintop ;)

Ingredients: 

1 cup shortening
1 cup butter
2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
3 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoon vanilla
2 teaspoon baking soda
5-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 large bag of chocolate chips of your choice

Directions: 


  1. Cream shortening, butter & sugars together
  2. Add eggs & vanilla - mix
  3. Add everything except flour - mix
  4. Add flour 1/2-1 cup at a time 
  5. Fold in chocolate chips
  6. Scoop in even (about 1 inch in diameter) balls onto a greased cookie sheet 
  7. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees


Makes approximately 5-6 dozen 

No comments:

Post a Comment